Our local partner
Sama NEPAL (www.samanepal.org) is a non-profit organization established in 2015, with whom we launched and run the « Kudhkilo » programme to promote barrier free, inclusive and right based opportunities to everyone excluded from the right to education.
- inclusion of children excluded from mainstream education because of special needs, religion, caste, gender, poverty etc.
- sensitisation, awareness and advocacy about the right for all to have an education.
How do we do it
Through the « Kudhkilo » programme we:
- facilitate mainstream schooling through supporting in teaching/learning activities and other needs (activities of daily life) together with teachers and school
- provide/coordinate healthcare and rehabilitation services
- provide/coordinate medical and other assistive devices
- provide educational material and improve accessibility
- run awareness/advocacy programmes (for children, parents, families, communities, school families, teachers, self-help groups)
In every district where we work, we follow the same process in order to see inclusion spread throughout Nepal:
We work in and through:
- Focus school : In each district we cooperate with one or more focus school(s), where our inclusion facilitators offer intensive support.
- Other partner schools : In other partner schools of the district we provide awareness programmes and various types of support for individuals who are included in mainstream classes
- Resource class/care center : ideally these classes / centers are part of the focus schools and allow us primarly to bring differently abled children out of invisibility and inside the school.